16 week appointment

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by H16, May 23, 2013.

1. H16

H16 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I have my 16 week appointment with the midwife today and just wondered what happens at this one and how long an appointment it is? X

2. Rebecca89

Rebecca89 Well-Known Member

I had mine at a local childrens centre, I was in about 10 mins if that. She checked my wee, blood pressure, checked the heartbeat and then asked me if I had any questions then that was it! xxx

3. H16

H16 Well-Known Member

Oh that is a quick one! X

4. .Ruth.

.Ruth. Well-Known Member

Mine was about 30 minutes long i think.. check wee, blood pressure and listen to heartbeat..

Had a bit of a talk about fitness and classes etc, then just some questions I had.

Don't feel rushed out, if you have questions ask them - I write everything down now before I go because my baby brain hits and never ask anything I want to ha

5. H16

H16 Well-Known Member

Lol, right there with you on the baby brain front x

6. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

I second the baby brain, I am so forgetful or do stupid things. Normally I am so organized and methodical.

7. Thoughtful1

Thoughtful1 Well-Known Member

How did it go? I have mine tomorrow...but i had consultant today who checked wee and blood pressure...?!

8. H16

H16 Well-Known Member

Hi hun,

It went well, I ended up going in an hour and half after my appointment time because she had to attend a home birth hehe.

I was in there for about 20 minutes, she checked my blood pressure, urine sample, went through my blood tests results with me and let me listen to babies heartbeat.

I was a little miffed as she knew nothing about bounty pack folders that give you the coupons for the pack from boots so I have had to email the bounty website admin to ask for them x