15 weeks worried about baby

Chrissy20

Reaction score
Hi there ,

im new to the forum

im in my 15th week and had a scan in my 9th week everything looked fine and the heartbeat was good... i havnt had a scan since im currently living in portugal with my bf and it is so hard to find a doctor i dont travel back home for another 4 weeks and am worried cos i havnt had a scan also i havnt been taking ne vitamins i have been trying to eat well and am still feeling like i dont have an appetiete although my morning sickness has recently stopped i have had no cramping or bleeding.

can ne1 else relate would be great to hear some feedback :)

Chrissy
xo

Hiya :)

I'd not worry about the next scan too much tbh. They don't scan again till 20/21 weeks as a rule, so you are not missing out. You had one at 9 weeks, missed the 12 week one (if it is offered in your area) so next stop 20 week one.

As far as needing to see a Doc, unless you have been having problems, I'd not worry too much again. As a rule you go weeks in the earlier stages between midwife appointments so it should not be a problem. You can see her also when you come back to the UK. You may well have missed out on having some tests done (bloods etc) but alas as you are overseas there is not much you can do about it. Going to live elsewhere short term when pregnant means you will miss out on NHS care back in the UK and can't always expect it in the country you are currently living in. Its not considered emergency treatment etc.

If you are really worried about making sure you have a 20 week scan booked you need to call your GP surgery/MW and speak to them and ask them to book it for you. You'll then get a letter from the hospital telling you the date etc its booked for, usually a week or two before the scan. Make sure the address in the UK they will be posting it to is current so as to be sure you get the letter and make the appointment.

Re vitamins, I'm guessing you took folic acid up to your 12th week? For the rest if you are not taking vitamins don't worry overly. If you are trying to eat well baby will be getting nutrients s/he needs from you.

If you are then going to go back overseas once you have had your next scan, I really would talk to your MW about it all, as you will have various appointments you may miss etc. Also you are not giving them the full picture and they will be needing to inform the hospital in which you plan to give birth, or be aware you want a home birth etc. There are many things to consider and I think you need to be responsible about it all and inform them so as they can work with you on it all. Although be aware if you continue to live overseas they cannot actually do much at all. It would be up to you to sort out your own care overseas.

Hope that helps.

Don't worry!
It's normal for symptoms to disappear as you enter the second trimester.
Is there not a doctors surgery who could have a listen with a doppler to reassure you?

hiya, i was in same situation as you being away from home all the time and not seeing a dr, i didnt see one between 9 and 24 weeks!!! it is unsettling. I would recommend to buy a doppler, hearing your babys heartbeat is so reassuring, and also get a private scan if you can afford it, its well worth it if you're that worried and away from anyone who can help

seems a long time but dont worry about it :) you may be able 2 feel him/her move before your next scan so that may help :)

Thankyou so muchfor all your feedback, i mannaged to get in and see a doc yesterday had a check up and ultrasound baby looks perfect so relieved:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back