smoked
used illegal substances :oops:
and messed around :wink:

in 2 weeks DS will be 14 :shock:

I can't imagine him doing anything like this

BUT

did my mum used to think the same :think:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOL I was thinking about that with Tia... All the bad things I did... and will she do the same?... and how will I discipline her without sounding like a hypocrite...???

Also arguing with DH whether or not we would allow her to bring bf's home. To which I said yes and he said no :rotfl: But I put myself in some seriously DANGEROUS positions as a teenager because my parents refused to let my bfs come to my home or to let me go out to theirs... I even moved out of 17 because of their restrictions... I did the stuff they didn't want me to do anyways, but I was in a lot of situations that could have turned out pretty bad... but I was lucky...

I just want Tia to be safe..

I worry about the same things, my eldest is 15 and I was doing pretty much the same as you at that age!

But my girl has her head screwed on, and a mum she can talk to, which I didnt have and I think makes the world of difference. Teenagers need a mum who is good with discipline, but who they can also talk to about teenage stuff I think.

I absolutely agree - I think my parents had unrealistic expectations of me and I have v v v little free time (3 days in the 6 weeks holidays due to working and babysitting) so I went mad whenever I had the chance.

Of course its do as I say not as I do - isn't that a parent's motto? :wink:

I cringe when I think back to what I was like, I hope an pray paris won't turn out the same :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back