14 month very early riser!!

Karenb

Reaction score
Hi, now I know toddlers wake up early, I'm not looking for an 8am lie in.. But maybe 6?! My little girl has started waking around 4.45 and won't go back down and it's killing me!! Is this just one of the many phases?! Anybody come out the other side??

OH my that is reeeeeeally early!! erm, stupid question but is bed time like 7pm the day before etc? Try get the monkey to stay in bed longer lol that is tooooo early! xx

Yes, definitely a phase but a long one! We've had this with both boys and the only way to get them to go back to sleep is put them in hour bed and then they go through til 6 or 7.

She goes to bed at 7pm yeah. She won't come into our bed, she does not want to lie down at all!!

My oldest was and always had been an early riser. She wakes regularly at around 5.30 every single morning! Shes 3 and a half. She sleeps till 7 in winter so i think its the lighter days (and we have 2 black out blinds and a black out curtain in the kids bedroom).

My youngest, shares the room with my eldest, has been brought up the exact same way yet she sleeps untill 8.30 sometimes even 9!

Sometimes i think its just personality. Now with my eldest i get up with her, put a disney film on and she watches it and i doze a bit.

Last edited:
My daughter went through a stage of waking around 5am every morning for a few months, it was a killer and it was in the dead of winter so still felt like the middle of the night as it was dark for hours. X

Oh ouch! That's painful. What does she do at 4:45am? Does she scream/cry or does she chatter away for a bit? If she is awake but happy i'd leave her to it.

My eldest always woke at around 6am but as soon as we could we introduced the groclock which worked wonders (your LO is too young for this unfortunately). I got spoilt with my second though as she always slept well at night and still does. We get her up 8/830am and she is probably awake from 0700/0730 (I never hear her until after 0730) but she is very happy just singing and chatting away so leave her to it until i've sorted my son/got myself semi-sorted.

Oh ouch! That's painful. What does she do at 4:45am? Does she scream/cry or does she chatter away for a bit? If she is awake but happy i'd leave her to it.

My eldest always woke at around 6am but as soon as we could we introduced the groclock which worked wonders (your LO is too young for this unfortunately). I got spoilt with my second though as she always slept well at night and still does. We get her up 8/830am and she is probably awake from 0700/0730 (I never hear her until after 0730) but she is very happy just singing and chatting away so leave her to it until i've sorted my son/got myself semi-sorted.

If she was happy then yeah, I'd leave her be but she's standing up and crying lots. She's not wanting milk at that time, just to get up! X

I used to get up with mine and lie on the sofa while she played. Now she gets in our bed and watches tv or has the iPad/DVD player in her too but it's still a 5.30-6.30am wake up X

I used to get up with mine and lie on the sofa while she played. Now she gets in our bed and watches tv or has the iPad/DVD player in her too but it's still a 5.30-6.30am wake up X

I'm absolutely fine with 6am. 4.45- not so much! Can't believe I crave a 6am 'lie in' haha!

Does she have any soft toys in the cot? If Marcie wakes she sometimes plays for s bit and falls back to sleep

Does she have any soft toys in the cot? If Marcie wakes she sometimes plays for s bit and falls back to sleep

She has her best friend iggle Piggle lol, a little rabbit and her comfort blanket. I'm going to sneak in and turn her night light off tonight to see if that makes a difference

Unfortunately it's a phase most kids go through - it's like a right of passage for parents lol. Have you tried putting her to bed just 15 mins earlier? Sounds daft but the more tired kids are the less they sleep. Just 15 mins can make a difference - it's worth trying for a week and if there's improvement you can increase it by about 15 mins.
Is she still having Naps during the day?

An earlier bedtime really wouldn't be good for our family as sometimes I only get an hour/an hour and half with her in a day :( she still has a morning nap yes, time varies depending on the time she gets up. If she has a very early nap then she sometimes has an afternoon one too

I have this problem too, for months! I've moved his bedtime back an hour to 7.30 and after 3 or more weeks he finally stated getting up between 6.30/7 x

Both my children have gone through this phase, and at around this age. My kids are award-winners when it comes to horrible sleep so I'm sure your girl will get over it faster than mine did (for my son it lasted about 4 months..: for my daughter it was over a year of waking at 5am at he latest). I know how hard it is- you're not alone.

hi guys I have this with my 16mth old daughter now but its 6am so not really bad but she's always done 7-7 or 7-7.30 so unusual for her, we have just transitioned her to a big bed though and think that may be it...tried for an earlier bedtime at say 6/6.30 but didnt work, still not asleep til 7pm. She has one nap around lunch usually waking between 11.45 and 1 lasting no more than hr n half. Tried giving her an avo nap but she just plays in her room and she's been used to one nap a day for months now...hoping its just the transition but suspect teething may also be part of it (recently got her first molar and second on its way...) resigned myself to 6am wakeups lol...usually she will play for up to 30mins by herself so dont have to go through instantly but have found that she eats earlier and struggles to make it to lunchtime without more than one snack whereas before she would go for three hrs have a snack then nap...thinking the hunger is related to not getting enough sleep but not sure what else to try...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back