12week scan but showed only 10 weeks

mummybobbin

Reaction score
Hi all just wondered if anyone else has had this before........was told today at 12wk scan im only measuring 10weeks. which is fine i had suspicions as my cycles are long. but instead of giving me dates she said id have to go back in 2weeks for the routine 12wk scan to find out. This has got me worried slightly as i was only 10 weeks at scanning my first child but i didnt have to go back until 20wks. im prob over reacting because baba was moving and there was a heart beat.......just very confused why she couldnt give dates etc today?

Babies grow at different rates in the womb so she probably wants to make sure the dates are accurate.

At least u get to see ur baba again in 2 weeks! Exciting! :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Same happened to me at my first scan, albeit not two weeks but I go back Monday to be rescanned.

I worried too but the sonographer said that it's not uncommon. Most people aren't bang on their dates. By the end of my SIL's pregnancy she was a whole month out!

As Jayjay said, they grow at different rates and you LO might catch up in the next two weeks. Xx

My first scan baby only measured at 10+3 and was asked back for a second scan at 12 weeks hun x

The same happened to me, went for my twelve week scan and was told I was only ten weeks. Then I had to go back, they gave me an appointment three days later and told me I was twelve weeks! I'm sure everything will be fine :)

i had this too. i think they sometimes find it more difficult to make accurate measurements so early and they ask you to come back just to make sure.

Thanks for the reassurance everyone....isnt it daft how irrational and worried we become over nothing! Plus side i get to see my little bobbin again! yey! Fingers xd! Xx:oooo:

best accurate dating done at 12 weeks, so they are just being thourogh and not changing you back 2 weeks till they are sure of dates, can make quite a difference towards end of pregnancy, they don't want to get it wrong. Enjoy your next 12 week scan , lovely to go and see baby again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back