12w +5d scan, gender guess?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Zebra7, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Zebra7

Zebra7 Member

This week I had a scan at 12 weeks and 5 days. At the end I asked or the doc could see the gender already. She told us it was difficult to see at this moment, but she was thinking a boy.
    On the scan you see something that look like boy parts. But I've heard that girls also have something like a nub.

So could this 'penis' also be a 'girl's nub'? Or is it to big?

And when I look at the boy parts at google, I see it looks like a turtle. I think the boy parts at my scan doesn't look like a turtle right?

Ohhh it's confusing!!

What do you think? Thanks! XXXX

Attached Files:

2. Zebra7

Zebra7 Member

Anyone??

3. Tillyfloss

Tillyfloss Well-Known Member

Defo a boy wow so early knowing congratulations
    When I found out we had a boy the scanner went as you can see... And legs spread and willy like that there lol

4. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

The problem is that you're right, both boys and girls have nubs at this point.. It's to do with the angle of the nub in relation to the spine and there are also a couple of other characteristics to look out for.. Stacking of the nub for a boy and a fork-like end for a girl. 'Potty shots' (an upward view) aren't that helpful at your gestation as you can't see the angle, do you have a profile view of the scan? Here's my scan from the same gestation and mine has a very girly nub, so i'm almost convinced we're having a baby girl.. Girl nubs lay horizontal to the base of the spine whereas boy nubs stick up x

Attached Files:

5. Tillyfloss

Tillyfloss Well-Known Member

I'd be convinced it's a boy from that haha

6. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Haha, I know Tilly! It is crazy really that they all start off with little willies! The girls' one shrinks back to form her lady parts around week 15 I think :) Fascinating! xx

7. Zebra7

Zebra7 Member

Thanks! I know the nub-theory, but the doc couldn't make a good nub-shot, so I only have this potty shot :)
    When I look at the boy-potty shots I often see a turtle, but that looks different at my scan I think.

Are you an expert with ultrasounds KateK?

8. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Haha, not at all! Sorry if I came across trying to sound like one! I'm just a massive nerd and over-research everything..Plus i've become obsessed with trying to predict my baby's sex! I found this website - www.ingender.com it has hundreds of scan pictures with sexes confirmed so it's a great resource for comparing and getting loads of info so somewhere there might be able to help :) Shame they couldn't get a good side shot for you.. Are you booking a private gender scan or holding out until 20 weeks?! Do you have a preference? xx

9. louise2610

louise2610 Well-Known Member

Skull theory suggests girl to me.

10. Zebra7

Zebra7 Member

You don't mean my potty shot I think;)

Here is a picture from the side. No nub to see, but what do you think about the skull theory?

Attached Files:

11. louise2610

louise2610 Well-Known Member

Boys tend to have a square skull. Girls rounded. This looks very like the shape of my baby (girl).

12. Zebra7

Zebra7 Member

Do you see a NUB in here? If so, what do you think?? Thanks!

13. Dixie

Dixie Active Member

What do you guys reckon ?? 12weeks1day this was so bit early.... X

Attached Files:

14. 3under3

3under3 Active Member

If I'm not mistaken there's a very prominent nub on show on the top scan picture :) which I'd cut off my right hand if it's not a little boy. Unless it's something else that's popped up and is mistaking me...

Well I'm saying that, I probably still wouldnt trust myself if it were my own scan and saw that :p , I'd still need confirmation asap xx

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk