12 weeks and no bump!

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

12 weeks today.. time goes quickly! I am a little concerned there is no bump whatsoever. Nothing! I am very slim naturally and petit so I would have thought I would show earlier but my belly is completely flat. Have a scan tomorrow but bit worried this is a bad sign.. Any advise?

x

Totally normal not to have a bump at this stage hun.

I got my bump at 15 weeks with my first pregnancy.

Nothing to worry about.

Enjoy your scan.

XX

Your uterus wont reach your belly button until about 20w, you should have a fully formed bump by then.

I didnt show until 20w with mine then it just got bigger til I was the size of a house :lol:

Totes normal.

xxxx

My best friend is teeny tiny she didn't show until about 20 weeks and even then it wasn't a big bump xxxx

I didn't show until 19 weeks and this is my first, it just sort of appeared over night! Xx

Thanks! So when you say you didnt show was that showing so other people saw or just getting a bump at all. I understand it might take longer to show to others but i would like to see something :)!

In the waiting room for a blood test ( DS combined test ) and hey said they have to do the scan today since they cant do the blood test before! I am so nervous and i am by myself :(

There was no obvious bump, some of my clients and their families kept saying are you sure your pregnant, which really upset me and I told my mw at 16 weeks and she said not to worry and everyone is different. Now I feel HUGE!xx

It went really well! Thanks ladies. Everything seems fine and the baby was so active bouncing around :) So beautiful and I am soo happy. Measuring exactly 12 weeks! Will post picture later.

Did the NT measurement and it was ok I think. 1.5 mm at 12 weeks, anyone knows? Will have blood test Thursday to have the combined result for DS.

they also measured the BPD ( Biparietal Diameter ) which was 21 mm. Basically the baby's head and seems I am on the higher side of the scale. Does anyone know if this is included in the Downs Syndome calculation or just to measure the baby?

thanks again for your advise. xx

You're so lucky Maria I don't get any of those tests I'm in Belfast apparently I've to pay 400 if I want a private blood test. I had my scan today too ��
I'm 12 weeks with baby no.4 and no bump whatsoever yet either xx

So great to hear your scan went well HUN xx congrats!!! Xxx

My NT was 1.8mm and they said within normal. I think under 3 is the magic number, but even then it's not conclusiv. The other measurement is for dating I think. Nothing to do with DS screening. They will send your bloods off and that combined with the NT measurement will give your risk score.

I thought unwashed getting a bump at around 15weeks, but turns out was constipation bloat!!

Bump is slowly appearing now at 21 weeks!!

Thanks!

Spoke to the nurse during scan and she said some dont even have a bump on their 20 week scan. I want one earlier though!! :)

Roisin, dont you get the NT scan? Thought it was standard..

Having blood test Thursday and praying the resulrs are ok!

No Maria it's not an option for me they are not offered in Belfast! Strange. The private test is 400 I'm really undecided about what to do.

Good luck for Thursday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back