12 week scan ** UPDATED***

mandspice

Reaction score
Grrr, I'm so p*ssed off - the midwife said she referred me for a 12 week scan 2 weeks ago and I've not heard anything so I rang today. They said I had one at 6.5 weeks so I can't have one......I explained that I had a missed miscarriage last time etc and they said "well, we'll book you one but they may refuse to do it" What???? And it's not until 3 weeks time, I'll be 14 weeks and I can't wait that long...!! :cry:

**UPDATE** Midwife just rang and I have a scan for 28th Jan - I'll be exactly 13 weeks. Seems like ages to wait but at least I'll get a good view of bubz :D

That's so annoying!! Keep hassling, surely they should give you a second scan? I know how you feel - I haven't had a scan yet, or an appointment and it may be another two weeks. I don't want to tell anyone till I know everything's ok!

Good luck, I hope they come back to you soon with an appointment!

Call them and tell them you are worried, they should do the scan for you. Atleast thats what the tech told me last friday that no matter how many scans you have prior to 12 weeks, we have to call you in for approximate 12 weeks. That could be the situation here or her opinion but I am sure they need to check everything is allright. Besides, why should you have to miss out on seeing your little one and having that peace of mind that everything is well when everyone seems to get the 12 week scan (well almost everyone - I am being hopeful).

I hope you get one soon :)

Thank you :hug:

It's all gone a bit astray, just found out that my midwife has lost my notes! Have left her some slightly ars*y messages so hopefully she'll sort it out in the next day or two x

The 12 weeek scan is actually a dating scan which my hospital told me every pg lady needs as they cant assess the due date from baby's size until minimum week 10. Unfortunately it may be different where you are.

Hope you get it sorted soon :hug:

Hope u get it sorted - keep on at them

Wow, I would be annoyed too. I say keep bothering them. I'm in SW London and hope they don't lose my notes or something now...!

Let us know how it works out for you, all the best.

oh dear, why is it all mw seem to either loose the note or write the wrong things in the notes? i know mine has ( twice)
i really hope you get your scan love, i know i'm getting fed up of waiting for my scan date to come through and i still have a couple of weeks before my 14 week scan.
Bug them silly, they will soon get fed up of you.

How bloody irritating hon!! grr what hospital you going with?? Thats a bit unfair though as the other one was to check prgress and they need to keep doing that because of ur history. stupid plonkers!! u want me to sort it?

:hug: :hug:

Aw, thanks - hehe, let's all go down there and do 'em over :D

It's Whipps Cross hospital....David Beckham was born there, I wonder if his mum had this trouble..... :think:

Hoepfully I'll hear something today xxx

yay!

Thats great news! 28th Jan isn't that far away ;)

Glad you got you scan, it will be really clear at 13 weeks which is a bit of a plus.

I'm at Whipps Cross at the moment too, it's all a bit moody in the maternity department! Who is your midwife?

A x

YAY! Glad you got your scan!!! It will be a great scan at 13 weeks too! I know it seems like ages to wait, but it will be worth it! xx

ASD123456 said:
Glad you got you scan, it will be really clear at 13 weeks which is a bit of a plus.

I'm at Whipps Cross at the moment too, it's all a bit moody in the maternity department! Who is your midwife?

A x

Yay, thanks everyone!

Ooh, we may bump into each other! My midwife is Aggie Harris, she's lovely - what about you? I hate the EPU at Whipps Cross, I swear 90% of the nurses have had a personality bypass....

Mine is Caoline dnskadfsha (I don't remeber the surname but is has a funny spelling) she is lovely too, I had a bit of a load giving me my scan though she was scary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back