11mo wakes crying?

candymycandy

Reaction score
So my little boy has just turned 11m. But for quite a long while when he wakes up from day naps he cries his eyes out for no apparent reason. He's a cat napper so thought maybe he was still tired but he also does it ok the rare occasion he has a long nap. Sometimes he'll wake up fine but more often than not its crying. Do anyone else's babies do this?

There's no resolution in all likelihood I'm just interested to hear that I'm not alone!!

Thanks x

My lo does this sometimes when he wakes from daytime naps, no clue why! He's easily settled with a cuddle though so I don't worry about it too much!

I think it's related to night terrors as their dreams become more vivid and realistic at around 12 months. If memory serves it coincides with a big leap too

My LO is 5 month and also does this, he screams out and then goes back to sleep, sometimes it properly wakes him and he settles fine with a cuddle. It's scary when they do it isn't it xxx

My lo is 5 months and does this a lot. Sometimes he wakes and he's very calm just looking around or babbling but most of the time he wakes crying and I always wonder what the difference is!! He also sometimes does a short cry in his sleep. He's always easily settled though so I don't worry about it just think it's a little odd like you! x

I've got a 9 month old who always screams when he wakes up from naps and in the morning, he is never happy on waking and is grumpy for a good 20-45 mins after waking too. He is a cat napper also so I believe it could be over tiredness. However I think with him it's more his personality , doesn't like to wake up alone and doesn't like to miss out on all the fun with mummy and big brother downstairs. Don't think there is anything else we can do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back