11mo wakes crying?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by candymycandy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. candymycandy

candymycandy Well-Known Member

So my little boy has just turned 11m. But for quite a long while when he wakes up from day naps he cries his eyes out for no apparent reason. He's a cat napper so thought maybe he was still tired but he also does it ok the rare occasion he has a long nap. Sometimes he'll wake up fine but more often than not its crying. Do anyone else's babies do this?

There's no resolution in all likelihood I'm just interested to hear that I'm not alone!!

Thanks x

2. ShowingPromise

ShowingPromise Well-Known Member

My lo does this sometimes when he wakes from daytime naps, no clue why! He's easily settled with a cuddle though so I don't worry about it too much!

3. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

I think it's related to night terrors as their dreams become more vivid and realistic at around 12 months. If memory serves it coincides with a big leap too

4. ShowingPromise

ShowingPromise Well-Known Member

My lo is 5 months btw

5. Colleen1988

Colleen1988 Well-Known Member

My LO is 5 month and also does this, he screams out and then goes back to sleep, sometimes it properly wakes him and he settles fine with a cuddle. It's scary when they do it isn't it xxx

6. Browneyed Girl

Browneyed Girl Well-Known Member

My lo is 5 months and does this a lot. Sometimes he wakes and he's very calm just looking around or babbling but most of the time he wakes crying and I always wonder what the difference is!! He also sometimes does a short cry in his sleep. He's always easily settled though so I don't worry about it just think it's a little odd like you! x

7. tiggy85

tiggy85 Well-Known Member

I've got a 9 month old who always screams when he wakes up from naps and in the morning, he is never happy on waking and is grumpy for a good 20-45 mins after waking too. He is a cat napper also so I believe it could be over tiredness. However I think with him it's more his personality , doesn't like to wake up alone and doesn't like to miss out on all the fun with mummy and big brother downstairs. Don't think there is anything else we can do?