11 weeks and seen some spotting...

KerryFob

Reaction score
Can anyone offer any honest advice? I am worrying myself to death - which I know doesn't help at all!

Mike and I find ourselves pregnant after our first course of IVF - needless to say, we're over the moon. All has gone well, but then yesterday at 5pm I went to the loo and there was some blood on the tissue - only a little bit, nothing in my knickers and nothing in my urine or the bowl. I am hundreds of miles from home and Mike (working in London, living in Cornwall). Panic-stricken, I went to the nearest hospital (St Guys and Thomas) who had an emergency gyny clinic. They couldn't give me a scan, but did look inside and take a swab - my cervix is closed, and there was no blood on the swab or the clamp when she removed it. The nurse said that it's a good thing that I've already had a 7-week scan as part of my IVF treatment, so we know the baby is in the right place, and that I am taking Cyclogest suppositories, which help against miscarriage. She also said that at 11, 12, 13 weeks the placenta is growing, and it could be that causing it, but does that make sense???

I am convinced I am losing my baby, and I just need some genuine advice.

All in all, I've only had the one instance of bleeding yesterday and it seems to have stopped. I have had a little discharge since, but it's a slight-pinky, more off-white colour (as opposed to the red stain I had on the tissue yesterday - there's definitely no blood there) and again only there on the tissue when I wipe (nothing in my wee, nothing in my knickers). The nurse said I should expect a discharge anyway due to the suppositories - I'm panicing so much I can't remember what colour the discharge was before the spotting!!!

I also have a slight tummy ache - it's not a pain, it's like very mild period cramps, on and off. I think if it weren't for this, I'd feel less worried, since the bleeding has gone - the on/off tummy ache keeps making me think it's coming back!!!

Am I losing my baby or could it be my uterus stretching (I did have this same on/off ache during the first few weeks of pregnancy)?

I'm not looking for any false reassurance, just honest advice from any one who may have experienced this.

Love to all

Kerry

xxxxxx

Hi Kerry

As far as i am aware if your cervix is closed your baby is prefectly safe and you are not miscarrying. When ther cervix is open you will most probably miscarry.

My friend started bleeding at 7 weeeks and her cervix is closed and all is fine. But to put your mind at rest book in for a scan.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back