11 weeks + 5 days, got some questions!

LauraMummyToBe

Reaction score
Good morning ladies,

I've not been on here in a while as everything has been rather smooth sailing for the past week or so thank god.

So basically, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me in detail (if possible) what I'm supposed to be feeling at this stage of the pregnancy. As you can probably guess this is my first baby.

Just so you know I'll list below some of the stuff I've been feeling. :]

I've been feeling a LOT windier (sorry, TMI.) I'm aware this is normal.
I've been getting a lot more cramps in my abdomen, not to the point of worrying though as they aren't so bad that I am in chronic pain with them. They're just like your typical period cramps as if I'm going to get a visit from A/F.
My lower back has started aching slightly, again as if I'm getting a visit from A/F. Is this normal? Not sure.
No blood at all, but the cramps are at the point where I need a hot water bottle just to soothe them.

Just wondering what other symptoms other ladies have/had? Not that all our pregnancies will be the same but I just wanna put my mind at ease so to speak.

Got my 12 week scan on Tuesday at 10:45am so hopefully we have a sticky, wriggling bean! :D

Thank you ladies!

Laura. Xxx

Last edited:
Hey hun! Im tri hopping hope u don't mind.
Everything your feeling seems totally normal! Cramps are normal too, there is a lot going on down there at the moment and your body is already making room for your growing baby. I had mild cramps on and off at that time but as u say.. nothing chronic.
However.. if ever you do worry, remember not to hesitate to contact your mw. ;) u could even mention them to the sonographer on tuesday and im sure she will tell u its not a major worry unless you see blood or the pains get too much for you.
As for other symptoms.. at that stage I had none at all! But you may start to feel a little more sleepy and worn out. Also sickness of course but as you say, its different for everyone!

Good luck for your scan on tuesday xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Just so you know I'll list below some of the stuff I've been feeling. :]

I've been feeling a LOT windier (sorry, TMI.) I'm aware this is normal.
I've been getting a lot more cramps in my abdomen, not to the point of worrying though as they aren't so bad that I am in chronic pain with them. They're just like your typical period cramps as if I'm going to get a visit from A/F.
My lower back has started aching slightly, again as if I'm getting a visit from A/F. Is this normal? Not sure.
No blood at all, but the cramps are at the point where I need a hot water bottle just to soothe them.

Just wondering what other symptoms other ladies have/had? Not that all our pregnancies will be the same but I just wanna put my mind at ease so to speak.

Got my 12 week scan on Tuesday at 10:45am so hopefully we have a sticky, wriggling bean! :D

Thank you ladies!

Laura. Xxx

Hey hun! Im tri hopping hope u don't mind.
Everything your feeling seems totally normal! Cramps are normal too, there is a lot going on down there at the moment and your body is already making room for your growing baby. I had mild cramps on and off at that time but as u say.. nothing chronic.
However.. if ever you do worry, remember not to hesitate to contact your mw. ;) u could even mention them to the sonographer on tuesday and im sure she will tell u its not a major worry unless you see blood or the pains get too much for you.
As for other symptoms.. at that stage I had none at all! But you may start to feel a little more sleepy and worn out. Also sickness of course but as you say, its different for everyone!

Good luck for your scan on tuesday xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Hey! Do I heck as mind! Every bit of advice helps! Thank you! Excuse my overuse of exclamation points. Haha.
Oh god, the sleepiness is an absolute pain in the backside, I have been up since 7:30am (since being pregnant I have been waking up stupidly early every morning) then all of a sudden I found myself cleaning the entire house haha. My eyes are burning outta my skull right now but I'm trying to keep myself awake until I have a nap later in the afternoon. :')
I got a little worried that I wasn't feeling the need to pee every 5 minutes and I'm still not! Maybe I have a tiiiiiny bub aha! :') Xxx

Last edited:
Only symptom I've got is for the past 3 days I feel sick when I wake up and have the urge to be sick. This morning I was sick thankfully just bile as I'd had nothing eat. I had a lot of cramping with my son as long as its not causing you pain pain it's normal just baby getting comfy :) x I also didn't go toilet a lot with my son until I was in the last trimester so I wouldn't worry about that I didn't have that problem until I was like 35 weeks lol! And my son was a big baby. Not long for your scan how exciting! Xxxx

Hey! Do I heck as mind! Every bit of advice helps! Thank you! Excuse my overuse of exclamation points. Haha.
Oh god, the sleepiness is an absolute pain in the backside, I have been up since 7:30am (since being pregnant I have been waking up stupidly early every morning) then all of a sudden I found myself cleaning the entire house haha. My eyes are burning outta my skull right now but I'm trying to keep myself awake until I have a nap later in the afternoon. :')
I got a little worried that I wasn't feeling the need to pee every 5 minutes and I'm still not! Maybe I have a tiiiiiny bub aha! :') Xxx

Ha I wish I would wake up and feel motivated to do that!
The sleepiness was the main thing for me. I'd come home from work at 5.30.. get my pjs on and usually fall asleep just after a little dinner or id end up missing dinner altogether lol! And on my days off id sleep like a baby and nap too!

Im 29 weeks and STILL dont need to wee all the time. Especially at the 12 week stage, I felt almost perfectly normal and still didn't believe I was pregnant until my scan at 20 weeks :)

I never felt nauseous or was sick either. So thats nothing to worry about. :) and yes he or she is so tiny right now lol
Xx

Oh with this pregnancy I have felt like my AF is gonna arrive also especially Sunday I had an awful pain on Sunday to the point I was kneeling over in pain. I had an early scan on Wednesday as I've had 2 miscarriages since my son and there was a heartbeat so I know you're further a long then me our symptoms well AF arriving sound similar and I think I also felt like that with my son but I can't remember as it was 3 years ago lol xx

I also didn't go toilet a lot with my son until I was in the last trimester so I wouldn't worry about that I didn't have that problem until I was like 35 weeks lol! And my son was a big baby. Not long for your scan how exciting! Xxxx

Maybe my need for a wee will kick in soon then! Lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Only symptom I've got is for the past 3 days I feel sick when I wake up and have the urge to be sick. This morning I was sick thankfully just bile as I'd had nothing eat. I had a lot of cramping with my son as long as its not causing you pain pain it's normal just baby getting comfy :) x I also didn't go toilet a lot with my son until I was in the last trimester so I wouldn't worry about that I didn't have that problem until I was like 35 weeks lol! And my son was a big baby. Not long for your scan how exciting! Xxxx

I've only been sick once in my whole 11 weeks and that was after eating a little bit of takeaway haha! Stupid idea I suppose. :') I know my scan was booked about 3 weeks ago and I thought it would go SO SLOW but it has zoomed by! :') Xxx

Oh with this pregnancy I have felt like my AF is gonna arrive also especially Sunday I had an awful pain on Sunday to the point I was kneeling over in pain. I had an early scan on Wednesday as I've had 2 miscarriages since my son and there was a heartbeat so I know you're further a long then me our symptoms well AF arriving sound similar and I think I also felt like that with my son but I can't remember as it was 3 years ago lol xx

Sorry to hear about your miscarriages! :( FX that it doesn't happen with this little one! I guess you'll be showing soon too as you've already had a baby? :) I'm not even showing, just bloated!

I JUST WANT MY BUMP! :'( Xxx

I've had exactly the same thing! Waking up at stupid am and not being able to get back to sleep and then being exhausted by 5-6pm! Glad I'm not the only one x

I've had exactly the same thing! Waking up at stupid am and not being able to get back to sleep and then being exhausted by 5-6pm! Glad I'm not the only one x

The thing is though, Emma... I'm falling asleep at about 10pm and waking up at 4am wide awake and FORCING myself back to sleep only to sleep until 7am sometimes 9am if I'm lucky! The annoying thing is I have nothing to do in the day time due to being unemployed so I have to try and keep myself busy for long periods of time. This morning I was awake at 7:30am, I got up at 8:30am had my breakfast and a cuppa tea, then I went on a mad cleaning frenzy hahaha. Come 1pm I'm exhausted, go for a nap and I can't nod off. :/ At least I'll sleep well tonight... Although I'll wake up at stupid AM tomorrow! :') Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back