10 moves by 6 pm ?

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
how serious is it to get this ? i think ive a lazy baby ! spec today soooo quiet !

on my 28 week appointment mw said iss he moving well etc , i said he was fairly quiet , which she replied well active baby = healthy baby

now im mrs paranoia (spl?) and thinking somethings wrong with boy , im really not sure i could count 10 moves by 6 , he is more active when i lay down after work or at night ?

ive not been too para through preggy but now i proper am :shock: if i seriously have to count 10 by 6 and if not phone hossy ill be phoning everyday :roll:

ya dont think anything is wrong do ya ?

i was told 10 in 24 hours hun, if you keep feeling lo i wouldnt worry, if your busy you sometimes miss them

I was told 10 in 12 hours, but to pick the time scale in which baby is most active..I don't actually do this :oops: Only because baby is constantly moving..midwife also said movements can mean tiny flutters to big rolls.

he is so much more active when im laying down ! guess when ive finished work he might liven up a bit , my work obviously bores him to sleep , i dont blame him !

sitting here now and his well away but only thing i felt all day was hiccups at about 9 am :roll:

As your busy during the day and working you probably wont feel him moving around so much, as long as he moves around and u feel him at his most active time like 2nite then im sure all will be fine! Maybe have a chat with your MW next time you see her?

chat with the mw , u are joking , she was running so late this time she sent me to the path lab at hossy for my blood tests :roll: she belittles anything i ask and generally moans about how short staffed they are and how she's on call for a homebirth :roll: IM SO GLAD SHE WONT BE AT THE BIRTH :D

G3M said:
chat with the mw , u are joking , she was running so late this time she sent me to the path lab at hossy for my blood tests :roll: she belittles anything i ask and generally moans about how short staffed they are and how she's on call for a homebirth :roll: IM SO GLAD SHE WONT BE AT THE BIRTH :D

Thats crap, what about ur GP? In my area then have an open antenatal thing aswell for if u have any questions or concerns so what about something like that then u can get any concerns you have cleared up?

When I was last at my mw appt she said you should be feeling 10 movements in 24 hours too. I haven't kept track yet but I am sure I feel this amount.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I find that Flump is active for about 3 days in a row then has a couple of quiet days now. It's as if he exhausts himself and then needs a rest lol.

It may also be that you;re not feeling so much whilst you're active during the day. If I am out and about I feel Flump but nowhere near as much as I do at night when I'm relaxing and laying down. It also depends what position they're in.

The beginning of this week I was feeling massive kicks, since yesterday they have been less prominent and lower down again.

Don't worry Gem, I'm sure everything is fine. He's perhaps having a little rest before Xmas or just in a funny position so you're not feeling him so much!

Not long til your scan now anyway and you'll see him in all his glory :D

its 10 movements a day, i wouldnt worry
at 28 weeks my boy went really lazy and it worried me!!!!
but now im further along i feel him more!! im sure alls well

is it at 28 weeks we have another growth spurt ? maybe his resting for that !

thanks for the replies girls , like i said , i been really good not panicing in this pregnancy and for a complere worrier i was so proud ! till now lol

thanks for your text deb , phone was on silent :wall:

you will notice movements more next week when you stop work. As long as what you are feeling is normal for you and bubs don't panic :hug:

Try not to panic. It is a bit confusing as you can feel much more than ten movements in one hour, say at 9 am and then not feel them again for the rest of the day and then you'll be wondering by early evening what their up to!

My LO is his most active when i go to bed at night and maybe only a teeny flutter or kick randomly during the day,so I tend to watch out carefully for the bed time movements which im so used to. I think babies are just as different in the womb as they are when their born, but if i didnt feel ANYTHING in 24 hours i would definitely go get them to check it out. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back