10 months+ how many breastfeeds?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by Rosieroo, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

DS seems have dropped his mid-morning feed so now has a feed at 5-6am, an afternoon feed and then a bottle of expressed milk before bed (normally around 8oz).

I'm just wondering how often your 10 month + baby is breastfeeding?

2. mermaid

mermaid Well-Known Member

Fin is now a year and has 4-5 feeds a day, but I'm tryin to wean him a bit. I would say 3 feeds is ok. You can offer cheese/yogurt snacks to get extra calcium in him if you think he needs it x

3. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response Mermaid - does your LO feed all during the day or does that include night feeds?

4. Fluffy Bunny

Fluffy Bunny Well-Known Member

Evie was having less than that - she was on a BF mid morning (11amish) before a sleep and a BF before bed (7pmish). I was topping her up with lots of full fat cows milk on her cereal and cooking lots of cheesy type sauces/ yogurts etc. :D

5. jools221181

jools221181 Well-Known Member

Brody now has (usually) one for bedtime, one or 2 in the night, one mid - morning and one mid - afternoon! He did drop the mid - morning ne a while back but has now decided he wants it again!

6. Rachael

Rachael Well-Known Member

I went back to work part time around 10/11 months with my son, so I was only feeding him for an hour in the morning and then I fed him to sleep at night.
    -If he woke up in the night he would have a "comfort" feed, but they only lasted a few minutes at most.

7. mermaid

mermaid Well-Known Member

That's 5 feeds including a night feed Kina. He is a big boy though and eats well! x

8. Melanie

Melanie Well-Known Member

Thea varies from day to day, she has for the last few months.
    Sometimes she only has morning and evening feeds, other days she can decide she wants to feed 7 or 8 times during the day!
    She's been nightweaned since about 6 months, she likes her kip lol