10 month old routine change help

violet13

Reaction score
Hi
So my son is 11 months this month but his routine has gone a bit squiffy. He fights an afternoon nap but will happily go down at 11 till 1:30 (that was today!) hasn't slept at all this afternoon and was in bed by 7:15 as he was exhausted I know they all go through changes and their routines go wonky but does that sound okay? A long morning nap and then bed at 7-730 depending on him obviously I'd like to keep it about the same time.
He's eating well and a lot too so I think a growth spurt. Does anyone put older than 12 month olds in baby grows? My son is in 9-12 but the baby grows which are for bed are seeming snug so I don't know whether to up them or not to 12-18? Thanks :) xxx

Last edited:
I don't put my 14 month in baby grows because they're hard to walk in, she got in a right mess so bought pjs

My daughter was the same and only used to have one nap and that was in the morning but she was tucked up at 6.30pm for12 hours. I went with pjs as easier to walk in and they seemed to last longer! X

Thank you :) he has pjs too but using the last of the baby grows as they where gifts and oh so cute haha he's crawling a lot and furniture surfing he's really quick too! I did see some more Disney pjs yesterday so I'm just going to have to get them haha :p. If he's happy with one nap that's fine then :) as long as he has one when he needs it xxx

hi violet, t5ransition to one nap from two is a lot harder than from 3 to 2, but when theyre ready they let you know, he may still act cranky at the usual second nap time for a while but he will get used to it...my lil miss has gone from one morning nap barely 3hrs after wakeup and going through 7hrs til bedtime to nowe wanting to be awake up to 5hrs in the morning and waking up from a long nap at 3pm! Going to try doing lunch at 11ish today as she had her lunch at 4pm yesterday then tea at 6pm lol...

It can get confusing when the routine changes lol...

I second what everyone else says about babygrows when she started walkin in her cot she started tripping over herself so pjs came out, I also sometimes do short sleeve babygrows with trousers for a more complete outfit...

My 15m old started going from 2 naps to 1 at about 11 months. These days she usually has one long napbover lunchtime but depending on car rides and what times we are going out some days she has two shorter one.

My lo still wears sleepsuits and walks in them no problem. My lady is very petite and only just going into 12-18m one's. I bought the sleepsuits in a sale and they're fine but maybe next time I'll try pjs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back