1 year old birthday presents

wifeywifey

Reaction score
Hi I was hoping you can help with suggestions for my little boys first birthday presents I have been looking at sites that suggest things like shape sorters, building blocks, walkers etc but we have them. What did you get lo also I dont have the largest budget so nothing too pricey. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

For ms birthday I got her a ball pit and cosy coupe, aqua draw and some bubbles and a book. Try the entertainer as they are cheaper and I also got stuff from nct sales and charity shops xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks, he got a ball pit for xmas but deffo like the aqua draw idea x

Getthe fisher price pig with the coins, my 1 year old loves it! shop around as mine cost £17

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Pric...f=sr_1_8?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1328912212&sr=1-8

We got a ball pit for £7 and balls from the car boot in the late summer ready, and lots of books.

Get a helium balloon, ours only just went down after nearly a month! on a long ribbon with weight sok they can grab it. Plus I blew up 8 normal balloons and laid them on the floor and in the morning, they were the best pressie, he was crawling around chasing them

Playmobil (first playmobil set) noahs ark, was in sains in the sale for £12 at xmas , and it's so sturdy and brilliant, he loves it (tesco has it cheep at the moment I think, about £13?)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Playmobil-T...f=sr_1_1?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1328912423&sr=1-1

Last edited:
Thanks for the great ideas my lo will love the piggy bank im so excited now :):):):):)

My lo loves tea sets so I found a Disney one suitable for a boy and he loves it. I also got him some stacking blocks and mega bloks along with a load of colouring books and crayons pencils along with an aquadraw and the travel aquadraw. My mil got him a little armchair and he loves sitting in that!

For Easter instead of chocolate I'm going to top up his drawing bits and hopefully get him some stickle bricks!

i got my son an acitvity board which he never liked and a walker which he didn't use at all total waste of money. I wouldn't suggest toys for. a 1 year old per se becuase my childrendidn't like them at all. my son now loves those baby things (he is 2 years 8 months) and I ot my daughter a dolls house forhet first birthday. she walks to it every now and again and looks into it and grabs some dolls ( i have the ostheimer big wooden ones) she doesn't really play with it yet but she will in a few more months and at least it wasn't wasted and plastic now. I am more into buyig sustainable (wooden or natural productz) toys which they can use for several years.

I think something for them to keep long term is good, I'm thinking of buying my daughter a wooden dolls house for her first birthday as then everyone can add to it over the years with good quality furniture etc
I'm also going to buy her a necklace that I can put in her memory box for when she's 18 and I'm going to suggest my husband buys her something special just from him to go in as well

We brought things that go from age 1 upto age of 5, so they will last.

My sister got him the fisher price garage, my mum got the zoo talker animal thing, and cars, steering wheel, coin sorting piggybank , ride on firetruck, and playmobil first noahs ark. also some balls and ball pool. (sounds alot, most were sale items, but he had xmas presents then bday 6th jan!

Thanks, iv got aquadoodle, elc garage, a ride on car thing, an activity table a my first laptop and some other bits. I really wanted something special he could keep so my husband is making a toy box and im going to paint it. I forgot about the piggy bank so need to order one.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Thanks, iv got aquadoodle, elc garage, a ride on car thing, an activity table a my first laptop and some other bits. I really wanted something special he could keep so my husband is making a toy box and im going to paint it. I forgot about the piggy bank so need to order one.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Oh thats a great idea Wifey , if you get stuck, homebase do large chest style ones, (they have a lid mind, so will need to grow into it, but they are about £25 and look great for painting. Ikea do small ones too, with perfect space on the side for wallpaper border to match bedrooms, (varnish paper after to protect) or perhaps you could put babys name on it :lol:

is it just me or are there more parents around who don't like to buy plastiv toys?

Wooden toys do seem to be making a come back. I'm happy to buy plastic for something but anything I want her to grow up with over a good few years will be wood as I think they'll last longer

Wooden toys do seem to be making a come back. I'm happy to buy plastic for something but anything I want her to grow up with over a good few years will be wood as I think they'll last longer

I am just thinking of the pollution plastic brings along and also the toxicness of it. most of it is made in countries that are not so strict when it comes to health. I'd rather spend a bit more and buy sustainable wooden toys made with vegetable paint that is safe for both child and environment. (not trying to make anyone feel bad though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back