1 year later... buddies please.

katiemarieee1

Reaction score
Hey all,
Im new to this forum and thread as im hoping to find someone in the same boat as myself and my partner.

We have been trying for over a year and i have been of the pill for about 2, and we was just careful for those months we didnt try.

Myself and my partner went to the doctors and we had tests done to see whats going on as its been a while. Scared, worried and stressed... I had my bloods taken on day 27 as i have a cycle of around 35/36 days. Sometimes its 33, but never any later than 36.
Bloods came back that showed no signs of ovulation. Distraught and upset the doctor reassured me to re take bloods just incase we missed it by a day or two. I was due on the week he called and said if i come on AF then not to worry if not then book bloods. So i did on day 37 (as by this point AF was few days late) results came back i have ovulated and my progesterone levels were 30. I was over the moon, along side my partners sperm tests were all normal and no concerns. My period was very late this month resulting in a 47 day cycle which ive NEVER had! I was starting to think i possibly could be pregnant! My GP said this is no doubt due to stress (which hands up i have been) and late ovulation = late period (12-14days after ovulation) So if im ovulating, and my partners sperm is fine... whats the problem?? Why havent we conceived yet? :(

GP was very good, he reassured me and getting us referred to a gyno for further examinations and i suppose to get answers! Thing is, its NHS so could be up to 8-12week wait which is the downside!
Has anyone else had the same issue of good test results and yet still no positive test? You feel like your losing hope and you try your best to stay positive, but sometimes when nobody knows around you what your going through, its difficult to express to them how it actually feels right!?
Sorry for the late essay... But please comments and any similar stories welcome!!

Thank you ladies... Katie :roll:

Hi Katie, I see you have already found the long term thread but I'll reply to you here :)

When we were referred to the fertility clinic we had to have more blood tests (for me) and my oh had to have more sperm analysis. I also had to have another more in depth ultrasound and an hsg. Once they had done all that they decided what sort of treatment would be most suitable.

It is so stressful and upsetting to go through this. Ttc is supposed to be an exciting and fun time but for us long termers it is just painful and depressing most of the time!

We are in year 4 ttc our first. My husbands tests are fine, I have pcos and an issue with thyroid antibodies. I've been pregnant twice but lost both. It is hard to stay positive. I find the only thing that helps me is to keep busy/have a hobby you can throw yourself into so that it isn't all you think about.

Hey snowbee!

Thank you so much for your reply! I appreciate it! How long did you wait before you got referred??

Im sorry to hear you've been trying for so long and both of your miscarriages. I really hope and pray you get your little miracle soon! :)
I know, myself and my partner have been together 9 years, so happy and so ready for our family now, it starts of all exiting but soon phases when you get that dreading AF and you end up losing hope month after month. It doesnt help we have a family member who is expecting in May and it wasnt planned, along side her other 2 children she already has that was neither planned! Lifes unfair isnt it! :mad:

I assumed a ultrasound and more bloods could be done, but didnt think another sperm test for my partner? Why did they re test do you know? Did you have regular cycles??

I really thank you for replying and hopefully together we can share this upsetting time of TTC!

We were ttc for a year before referral.

Has your oh had two SAs already? They like to do two, three months apart as sperm quality can change.

No I didn't have regular cycles, they range from 23 to over 100 days. I already knew I had pcos before being referred.

I'm currently on clomid cycle 3. My consultant seemed sure it would work for us and said I was an ideal candidate for it so I'm really hoping he is right as I can't take much more of this! I'm also signed up to a recurrent mc trial, I'm about 3 months in so far and I do it for a year.

I hate hearing news of unplanned pregnancies, my husband saw one if his friends the other week and his girlfriend is pregnant and unplanned and they don't really want it but oh well...

How old are you? I'm 34 now and even if I get pregnant this cycle I'll be 35 by the birth so knocking on a bit according to my doctors! Thanks! My husband is desperate for a child before he is 40, so that means I need to be pregnant in the next few months. I can't believe we are so old already :(

We were ttc for a year before referral.

Has your oh had two SAs already? They like to do two, three months apart as sperm quality can change.

No I didn't have regular cycles, they range from 23 to over 100 days. I already knew I had pcos before being referred.

I'm currently on clomid cycle 3. My consultant seemed sure it would work for us and said I was an ideal candidate for it so I'm really hoping he is right as I can't take much more of this! I'm also signed up to a recurrent mc trial, I'm about 3 months in so far and I do it for a year.

I hate hearing news of unplanned pregnancies, my husband saw one if his friends the other week and his girlfriend is pregnant and unplanned and they don't really want it but oh well...

How old are you? I'm 34 now and even if I get pregnant this cycle I'll be 35 by the birth so knocking on a bit according to my doctors! Thanks! My husband is desperate for a child before he is 40, so that means I need to be pregnant in the next few months. I can't believe we are so old already :(

Ah bless you, its not nice is it this entire feeling. Im 25 and my partner is 26 nearly. So were at the 'peak' age if you like! No only one SA at this moment in time. He probably will have to do another but the doctors had no concerns with he's as they were very strong! But like you said could change! My cycles as i explained are not regular every month but not that irregular. Im hoping I've just been timing it wrong!! Who knows!! I hope clomid works for you, i can't imagine how hard its been for you and your OH.
My GP is sending my results and my partners to gyno… I'm hating the wait! But i guess we just keep DTD until it comes round. Your not old!!! If you was 45 i would be worried, i have my fingers crossed for you hun. Im hanging on to that bit of hope i have left in me!! How has your OH been dealing with all this?? :oooo:

He isn't dealing with it that well, the mcs in particular he took very badly, probably worse than me actually. It makes me sad as our problems are mine, his sperm are fine. Pretty much all of his friends have had children while we have been ttc so that has made it harder for him. We also have issues with his father who has an alcohol problem, so that added stress doesn't help. How about your oh?

can anyone give me advice ??

I have been ttc for year and a half I had my period on 1st Feb and ended 7th I had sex 8 9 11 12 14 16 17 18 19 and 20th and I think I ovulated 13th to 18th after i had sex this afternoon about half hour later i went to toilet and there was a little stringy pinky red discharge now sort of pinky orange just when i wipe, i feel bloated and sleepy my period is due in 10 days, my question is what do you think it could be ??

Ah that's so sad. Bless him. It can't be easy for the men they probably feel helpless I guess! It's our body going through this all and they can't experience it.

He's just being amazing being there for me! He just thinks all of this is just so unfair. I hate the stress that comes with trying now!! It goes through my head everyday!! I'm trying to keep busy with work but that still doesn't help that much!! I'm now taking my temp every morning to help with ovulation! So fingers crossed!! Had a family do last night and his sister was there (she's the one who's pregnant) and it was all about her and this new pram she's brought which was sooo expensive one of the best blah blah! You know when you just want to walk out and cry!!

Hi CR - could possibly implant bleeding? If your not due for a week or two then could be. Are your periods regular?? I'd say give it a week and maybe test? :)

Yeah my periods are always on time and normally bright red and heavy, I have had a pad on but nothing on pad at all just sometimes when I wipe I had a dizzy spell before too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back