1 week to go until i'm 1/2 way there!

petchy

Reaction score
i can't believe it's only one week until i'm half way there! it seems like only yesterday that i took the pregnancy test (in the loos at work as i was too impatient to wait until i got home!!! lol)

i wonder if it will go quickly from here or if it will start dragging a bit... i just keep thinking that x-mas isn't that far away and then i only have 3 weeks at work before my maternity leave, plus i have loads planned for the autumn (including a trip over to norway to see my sister early november!)

i bet it will be february before i know it!

really looking forward to x-mas as my parents and sister are coming over from norway for a week, and then mum will be here from the 1st to the 27th of feb - i hope baby isn't too late as i want her to have more time with her first grandchild! come on bump, arrive on time will you?! do you hear me??

Ccongrats petchy, halfway there !!!! I think its gone quitefast, I'm now 26 weeks and the last 6 weeks seem to have rushed past. I can'tbelieve only one more week and I'm in third tri and like you said christmas isn't too far away. My local pub have a little xmas tree up already which is concerning as I haven't even painted the nursey yet :D

I think if you have loads to do, it'll go fast for you. It made me laugh you telling bump when to arrive. I keep telling bean that they are going to be on time as I don't want to be in hospital on christmas day!!!

Hi Petchy

As you know i am the same. What date are you giving up work on then. i was thinking about the 6 January but are you leaving at about the 14 Janu.

I know how you feel because i am hoping that the time will fly. as much as i hate being at work it does seem to make the time fly by.

xx

hi davina,

i'm planning on taking my maternity leave from the 30th of january, but to have 1 week off as annual leave before then, so friday the 20th will be my last day hopefully. this way i get more time off with baby afterwards, as i might end up going over the due date as well!

then again i have no idea if i will be able to carry on working for that long - it might be that i decide to just finish after the x-mas break if things get bad. i hope that my company will be flexible and perhaps let me work from home some of the time towards the end of my pregnancy and also when i first return to work after my leave.

Hi Petchy

I wish you all the luck in the world. I think that the latest that i will go will be the 14 January but i will have to wait and see.

As i am looking for a term time job during my maternity i wont be going back until september hopefully.

have you got any more scans. I have one on the 26 September which is supposed to be my 22 week scan. Hubby has an operation so ive got it 3 days early. But as i have been having belly aches i am having a scan next Thursday and hopefully i will find out the sex of the baby.

Nice emailing you

x

my scan is on the 26th as well!!! at 10.30! i am so excited i can't wait! i really want to find out the sex so i hope bump co-operates!!

Hi

My scan is at 3.00. : :D

heres hoping that the babies cooperate :lol:

How did it go?? Dying to hear...

But the other way around! This last five months have simply DRAGGED....I'm nearly wondering now if it will feel that long for the next half of the pregnancy or if I will develop a whole new set of symptoms to get to grips with...I feel really good these days (yay) and sometimes only the sight of my bump and the kick of the babs is what reminds me that I am pregnant. That and a reluctance to bend down... :lol:

However - on THIRD course of antibiotics...chest infection this time...but really, feeling a lot better than I did in 1st trimester, even at that!

Sue

Wow Petchy almost half way there! your about a month in front of me - so when you have your baby I will be getting very nervous!!!!!!

Any news on meeting up yet?

L x

lisa: i have just sent an email out to you all before reading this post! hopefully we can find a date that suits us all!

cool half way there :) i'm two weeks behind you.

I was discussing not going back to work after the xmas holidays. when does your maternity leave start and when is your due date?

Vickyx

Hi there, im due roughly same time....5th feb.
cant believe im half way too, its mad!! I have some holidays still saved up, so think ill leave 21st dec, which means that ill be taking 3 weeks leave before and three after, then as we all do.....struggle on the stat mat.
really cant face going back to my job, so may leave and join an agency (im a nurse) so can work when i want to, and earn more money.
still panicking how we will cope on £106 pw, stresses me out!
are any of you suffering "stitch" like pains? i feel it when im walking, im guessing its just stretching?
well my scan is on the 23rd, so we'll be swapping news closely!
cant wait to hear.
x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back