1 positive test, 3 negatives... help? False positive?!

Marquise

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I randomly took a test on Saturday morning (just a cheap Tesco digi) and it came out positive really quickly, I've since taken a few others (x2 Clearblue and another one I had lying about) and they've all been negative.

Periods seem to have settled since I came off the pill last June, but I now get one only once every 2 months. Period is due this week.

I feel sick, have got heartburn, which I've never had before and I am exhausted. Am I insane to think I'm pregnant? It's really messing with my head and I don't know where to be :(

Any help appreciated.

Ahh Hun some times clear blue doesn't always show from previous experience of my friends there digi and non digi tesco ones say they are pos and clear blue says neg so maybe try a non digi tesco test again does sound like you are! Have been told in the past no such thing as a false pos Hun xx

Last edited:
Clear blues are not as good as what they are made out to be. They are not that sensitive and the blue dye causes awful evaps!

I'd trust the first positive and maybe take a frer as they seem to be the most reliable. It's possible you may be having a chemical pregnancy if the rest of the tests show negative or it may have been a dodgy test.

Good luck xxx

I don't want to be a downer but my friend took a Tesco digi last month and it came up pregnant but every other test was bfn , I would take a frer or a clear blue digi depending what dpo u are , gd luck x

Sorry you're going through this not knowing. I had this myself last year and in my situation it was a chemical pregnancy but I hope you are getting false bfns which can happen xx

False positives are very rare.

Either it was a chemical pregnancy, the line was an evap or the other tests aren't as sensitive

Try getting a Superdrug test, they're pretty good

I agree with the others, get a frer or superdrug and retest xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back