1 in 25 men......

newbump

Reaction score
Hi all

Heard on the news today that 1 in 25 men bring up a child that is not theirs and do not even know about it!! Just wondered what everyones thoughts are on this?

personally i find it so unfair on both men, also the child as i have always felt that the father and child have a right to know who each other are. (obviously severe cases would change my mind)!

Natalie x

i think it's unfiar on the 'father' figure and the child. If women are unsure they should admit to it I think. For everyone's sake. If you are prepared to sleep with another man then you should be pepared to lose your partner for it.

I heard that as well. I could never let a man bring up a child as his own knowing it wasn't his! Women who do that are vile! I could never live with the guilt of lying to my OH and my child for the rest of my life!

That's my view! xx

My husband believed he was father to some woman's second child until the kid was 6. He was treated as one of our own when he came to stay, as was his older sister. It wasn't until we got married and she put in a claim for maintenance that I insisted on a paternity test, and it turned out he wasn't.

I still get angry about the way she used us, but now I feel more sorry for her kids. I feel guilty that they don't get to go on holiday or days out anymore.

We have a good idea who the 'real' father is, but I don't think she's ever told him, or her son. He's an unemployed dropout, so I presume she hedged her bets that she'd get more out of us than him. :evil:

That's terrible Tracey, it must have been really emotional to find out something like that. I often wonder about my partners youngest as his wife was more than likely having an affair when he was conceived and he is nothing like my partner, but he loves him to bits and we have brought him up from being 3 so I couldn't even suggest a paternity test, I think my OH would flip and say it was becuase I don't want him around cos he's not mine. Anyway, his mother wants nothing to do with him so if he turned out not to be OH's child we would still bring him up so what's the point.

Hi!

I was very surprised to hear that on the news, I mean it is 4% of men, it is quite a lot!!!
This not fair for the father and kid because they had formed a relationship and then realised they are not blood related. My b/f saw that and jokingly said he could have had a paternity test, which I replied no probs :D lol
It must be horrible for women though who claimed someone to be the father of their child not even knowing who it really is, I would not like having this on my conscience because you are cheating your kid most of all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back