❤️ August Testing Thread ❤️

Here's to the August testing thread and to many more :bfp:'s.

16th: @RainbowMama
I don’t have my new date yet….cause I’m lost in my cycle lol…but I’ll probably be joining. That’s a shame that your paperwork got messed up. The HSG isn’t bad. It is crampy, and not like fun…but the hardest part for me was being nervous, and then not being sure how to anticipate the crampiness. Check with you doctor to see if you can take like ibuprofen or something similar an hour before the procedure. For me it cramped when they inserted it, but as soon as they get it in, the pressure is relieved. They said the fluid would make me cramp, but it didn’t for me. You’ve got this!!!! I talked myself out of mine for so long, and now I can’t believe it was three months ago.

I don’t have my new date yet….cause I’m lost in my cycle lol…but I’ll probably be joining. That’s a shame that your paperwork got messed up. The HSG isn’t bad. It is crampy, and not like fun…but the hardest part for me was being nervous, and then not being sure how to anticipate the crampiness. Check with you doctor to see if you can take like ibuprofen or something similar an hour before the procedure. For me it cramped when they inserted it, but as soon as they get it in, the pressure is relieved. They said the fluid would make me cramp, but it didn’t for me. You’ve got this!!!! I talked myself out of mine for so long, and now I can’t believe it was three months ago.

Thank you so much. I’ve heard so many other peoples stories about the procedure, some said it was the worst pain they’d felt and some said they barely felt anything.

Fingers crossed you don’t have to join here and get a beautiful :bfp: <3

Thank you so much. I’ve heard so many other peoples stories about the procedure, some said it was the worst pain they’d felt and some said they barely felt anything.

Fingers crossed you don’t have to join here and get a beautiful :bfp: <3
Thanks for the well wishes! <3

I was terrified, because I had read the same thing. I’m also not very pain tolerant. You’ve got this! :)

The nerves are creeping in now for my HSG on Friday. :oops:

The nerves are creeping in now for my HSG on Friday. :oops:

No, don’t let them! You’ve totally got this! It’s very similar to a Pap smear and cramps. You will be totally fine! Plus they say the next three cycles you have a higher chance of falling pregnant!

No, don’t let them! You’ve totally got this! It’s very similar to a Pap smear and cramps. You will be totally fine! Plus they say the next three cycles you have a higher chance of falling pregnant!

This is what I most fear! I’ve only ever had one smear and that was 11 years ago. I had cramps that were contractions and lasted two days. They said I have a sensitive cervix!
I’ve been told the chances remain elevated for 6 months / cycles after, so fingers crossed!
I’ve got to remember, it’s a few minutes (hopefully) of uncomfortable cramping but then 6 months with a higher chance.

This is what I most fear! I’ve only ever had one smear and that was 11 years ago. I had cramps that were contractions and lasted two days. They said I have a sensitive cervix!
I’ve been told the chances remain elevated for 6 months / cycles after, so fingers crossed!
I’ve got to remember, it’s a few minutes (hopefully) of uncomfortable cramping but then 6 months with a higher chance.
Oh no!!! So now I probably made your fears worse! I’m sorry! You may be ok or better this time than last….and definitely it takes like 3-5 minutes. And that’s it! Maybe I have two or three months left of a higher chance than!!!! Woohoo! Take a deep breathe and tell yourself not to think about it until maybe Thursday, but more like Friday morning, then you won’t ruin your whole week.

@RainbowMama Try to keep yourself distracted this week. As you’ve said it’s just a few minutes. Deep breath’s and happy thoughts <3

Last edited:
Understandable you’re feeling anxious @RainbowMama, but like @Fsb676 has said try not to let it spoil your whole week and hopefully it won’t be as bad as you have imagined.

I’m patiently waiting for the doctors phone line to open so I can get in and ring straight away. . Can’t even register this pregnancy online as my previous pregnancy is still on the account and only the medical people can start a new one ...

Will let you know what happens, I’m hoping EPU will see me.

x x

So the phone call was a success I think. Finally. She’s referring me to EPU for Early scan, but she did warn they don’t always approve from the gp. as they know me by name on that ward I’m hoping they will. ASAP. I have to self refer to the midwife again so done that today.
And I’ve got a new prescription for clexane injections as I’ve only one left in the box I had from the previous pregnancy.
So 7+2 today and it’s seeming more real. As I haven’t had pain or bleeding I’m cautiously assuming all is ok ... so far. As soon as I hear back I’ll let you ‘all know. only if that’s ok? As I feel like I’m jumping on the testing thread, and don’t want to impose. But wanted to talk to you guys as you’ve all been there for last year of us trying. :)

So the phone call was a success I think. Finally. She’s referring me to EPU for Early scan, but she did warn they don’t always approve from the gp. as they know me by name on that ward I’m hoping they will. ASAP. I have to self refer to the midwife again so done that today.
And I’ve got a new prescription for clexane injections as I’ve only one left in the box I had from the previous pregnancy.
So 7+2 today and it’s seeming more real. As I haven’t had pain or bleeding I’m cautiously assuming all is ok ... so far. As soon as I hear back I’ll let you ‘all know. only if that’s ok? As I feel like I’m jumping on the testing thread, and don’t want to impose. But wanted to talk to you guys as you’ve all been there for last year of us trying. :)

Yay! All sounding very positive. Fingers crossed you get your early scan x

This is great to hear!!! Yes, of course, keep us updated!!!

Hey ladies. How are we?

Can I have the 24th please?

@RainbowMama youve got this lovely! @Sugar10 im so excited for you.

We’ll after my horrid hospital experience I ovulated 4 days later than normal prob due to the stress of it all. Which meant we missed peak as we didn’t/couldn’t because it was when that heatwave hit us. There was just no way. So AF finally showed yesterday, which means I’m CD2 today and can finally have my progesterone bloods checked! Silver linings and all that!

sending baby dust to you all! Xxx

Hey ladies. How are we?

Can I have the 24th please?

@RainbowMama youve got this lovely! @Sugar10 im so excited for you.

We’ll after my horrid hospital experience I ovulated 4 days later than normal prob due to the stress of it all. Which meant we missed peak as we didn’t/couldn’t because it was when that heatwave hit us. There was just no way. So AF finally showed yesterday, which means I’m CD2 today and can finally have my progesterone bloods checked! Silver linings and all that!

sending baby dust to you all! Xxx

Added you. <3
Sorry to hear AF arrived, I must admit we had a very hard time during the heat wave.
HSG tomorrow and what did I do? Well stupid here only looked on YouTube at the procedure and the tools they’ll need… I am my own worst enemy.

Added you. <3
Sorry to hear AF arrived, I must admit we had a very hard time during the heat wave.
HSG tomorrow and what did I do? Well stupid here only looked on YouTube at the procedure and the tools they’ll need… I am my own worst enemy.

Lol….I did the same exact thing…..but I promise you will be ok. It’s not awful. Routing for you over here!!!!

@RainbowMama aw no! That’s what I do though. But hoping you’re ok tomorrow let us know how you get on.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back