❤️❤️❤️August Testing Thread❤️❤️❤️

Clarkecharm

Reaction score
Last edited:
Last two cycles have been around 31 days , instead of my usual 28 days. Since the MC in April. So I’ll go with that this time. So think that’s the 9th aswel. But knowing me I’ll start testing around the 1st :) haha

two of my sons birthdays are august, here’s hoping to a good month! :)

Could I please have the 8th? :) My miscarriage was due August 6th. It would be such a nice thing to be pregnant again around the same time I was due. I too will probably test early....at least the 6th, as I’ll be on CD 32.....but realistically probably sooner .

@Sugar10 My cycle also has a few extra days in it since my MC. I also, seem to ovulate later....but about a week later. It seems strange since my cycle is only 3-4 days longer.

Anyone here have an opinion on Pregmate ovulation and HPT strips? The price is tempting, but not worth it if they have a bad reputation.

@Fsb676 I ovulate around cd16 I think. Not used those tests before so don’t know.

aw that would be nice for your BFP :)

I'll have the 1st please, I should be 11DPO *just* so I'll be hovering between July & August I think. :lol: My December's miscarriage would be due the 24th August. :sad:

I have my gp ringing me tomorrow.

what questions should I ask? Go!!!

Can you put me down for the 14th please? If my cycles go back to their pre-baby pattern then I'll be due on that day!

@Clarkecharm if it's regarding fertility, I'd get them to check your hormone levels (and actually make sure they specifically check hormones... my doctor once told me she did and it wasn't until I saw an Endocrinologist 3 years later that they said I'd never had them tested... :busted:)
Also, could be worth asking whether fertility treatments require any specific criteria to be met so you can get ahead??

I was told that ovulation medications require a BMI of less than 30. So I need to lose weight before they'd give me anything :oops:

Hope that helps? X

I'll have the 1st please, I should be 11DPO *just* so I'll be hovering between July & August I think. :lol: My December's miscarriage would be due the 24th August. :sad:

I straddled two months between April/May. It made me feel like I had one less chance . Now I am into the beginning of the month, which also feels weird, because now I am waiting three whole more weeks to test. For some reason it plays with my brain if AF shows up at the beginning of the month?!?!?

Can you put me down for the 14th please? If my cycles go back to their pre-baby pattern then I'll be due on that day!

@Clarkecharm if it's regarding fertility, I'd get them to check your hormone levels (and actually make sure they specifically check hormones... my doctor once told me she did and it wasn't until I saw an Endocrinologist 3 years later that they said I'd never had them tested... :busted:)
Also, could be worth asking whether fertility treatments require any specific criteria to be met so you can get ahead??

I was told that ovulation medications require a BMI of less than 30. So I need to lose weight before they'd give me anything :oops:

Hope that helps? X

I’ve just spoken to the doctor and shes referring me to get some fertility help. The NHS cut of is 39 but as I only turned 40 2 weeks ago, she’s hoping they’ll honour it. She doesn’t want to leave it any later! She hopes aspirin or progesterone will help as I can’t sustain pregnancy. PCOS lowers progesterone so hoping it’s that easily lol. Falling pregnant is the easy part for me, I just can’t make it stick! She’s also retaking my diabetic bloods on the 30th! So the ball is rolling xxx

@Fsb676 i felt like that in may when I think I was due on at the very end , but it ended up being late around 8th June anyway! Now I’m back to the first week of the month, don’t know if any date is better as if it’s the start, you then wait all month :) haha.
Oh well, let’s just roll on august now!

I’ve just spoken to the doctor and shes referring me to get some fertility help. The NHS cut of is 39 but as I only turned 40 2 weeks ago, she’s hoping they’ll honour it. She doesn’t want to leave it any later! She hopes aspirin or progesterone will help as I can’t sustain pregnancy. PCOS lowers progesterone so hoping it’s that easily lol. Falling pregnant is the easy part for me, I just can’t make it stick! She’s also retaking my diabetic bloods on the 30th! So the ball is rolling xxx

That's good news! Fingers crossed that everything gets moving for you. Xx

I straddled two months between April/May. It made me feel like I had one less chance . Now I am into the beginning of the month, which also feels weird, because now I am waiting three whole more weeks to test. For some reason it plays with my brain if AF shows up at the beginning of the month?!?!?
I have a long cycle- 31-33 days usually and because of it I'm basically missing July for an AF so going to test on the 31st July a bit early. but my AF is actually due 4th August and then the next one not until 7th September. I keep feeling like I'm skipping months all over the place and not even sure which testing thread to be in at this point.

Cant wait to see how many BFPs we can get in August. My eldest will be 3 on the 3rd and I can't believe it!! x

@Fsb676 i felt like that in may when I think I was due on at the very end , but it ended up being late around 8th June anyway! Now I’m back to the first week of the month, don’t know if any date is better as if it’s the start, you then wait all month :) haha.
Oh well, let’s just roll on august now!
@Sugar10 Yes! And then when your several days late you convince yourself your BFP is just taking a while to build up. It’s awful. Almost halfway through July though!!!!

I have a long cycle- 31-33 days usually and because of it I'm basically missing July for an AF so going to test on the 31st July a bit early. but my AF is actually due 4th August and then the next one not until 7th September. I keep feeling like I'm skipping months all over the place and not even sure which testing thread to be in at this point.

Cant wait to see how many BFPs we can get in August. My eldest will be 3 on the 3rd and I can't believe it!! x

@LuckyLaura Exactly! That was me. No AF that month. Just join all the months. You will feel more supported that way. ;)

I wasn’t going to do any testing this month and just relax and let it be. But decided as I had some ovulation tests I might as wel use them, and had a pregnancy test left so just thought I’d use that as I’m a loonatic, :) but a weird faint line came up! Must be an evap tho? And the ovulation was odd also, was faint with a partial dark area on the bottom.
Wish I hadn’t tested now, I planned on just letting things be this month! But it probably would be good to know when I ovulated I guess. I’ll upload a photo ...

Oh this is the photo. Think just an indent or evap now, not very easy to see on photo.
Here’s to bfps in august! :) I’m on cd5, finished bleeding on cd3.

Won’t let me upload the photo for some reason
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back