£500 sure grant

adele88

Reaction score
anyone know the address i send my application form for the £500 pound i cant seem to find it any where on the application pack

Also how long did everyone's take to come from after sending it off?

i dont know wether to send mine off or not yet, i dont know if we will qualify until after the baby gets here...

trying to get tax credits too its a right mission!

I literally sent mine off this morning so couldn't tell you!

But on the last page it says just take it to the Jobcenter Plus, so I went in like it says, and the silly lady was like 'no, we don't take them in here'. Silly forms. But they gave me a freepost envelope to send it off.

I think it takes around the same time as the HIP grant, so if you send it off tomorrow, I reckon you'd get it by next week! Or at least thats what Im hoping lol.

Mine took 3weeks to come through. But your address you send yours too would be different to who i sent mine to as it goes to the head office of your area, IYKWIM x

Gah, Hope it doesn't take 3 weeks. Baby will be here by then *crosses her fingers!*

My income support only starts today as well, so Ive got to wait another 2 weeks for my first payment. Im so fed up with job center.

i thought it would take about 3 weeks its the jobcentre we are talking about they are a pain in the neck

have you still to buy things in melio?

Just little things left, like extra bedding, as I only have one set, and a parasol then a few other bits. Get the car seat next week.

I thought I was all organised, then realised things have ground to a halt over the last few weeks lol.

I think Im holding out hope that it'll be quick as the HIP grant was so quick it was crazy!

Just little things left, like extra bedding, as I only have one set, and a parasol then a few other bits. Get the car seat next week.

I thought I was all organised, then realised things have ground to a halt over the last few weeks lol.

I think Im holding out hope that it'll be quick as the HIP grant was so quick it was crazy!

yeah it was i couldnt believe how quick i got my other grant i thought it would have taking ages. lol well i am all organised already which isnt good because now am bored and got nothing to spend my 500 pound on lol but am going to put it in my savings account maybe do for x-mas etc.
i have a few bits n bobs left to still get i will need 2 make a list!

Last edited:
i got my freepost envelope from the job centre aswell.

i sent mine off on a monday i think, had a letter on the friday and money was in the bank tuesday after that. Was very quickly but i guess it depends on where you are sending it to and how fast they are to process it!!! :)

I downloaded my form of a website and printed it off otherwise you can phone a number to get one sent out to you.

i think you can do it from 11 weeks before baby is due but it has to be signed off by your midwife. :)

i got my freepost envelope today aswell from the jobcentre and posted it today hopefully get my money next week with a push

does everyone qualify for this grant? i work full time and only have my income to rely on (less than 14k a year) and dont claim any benefitsa at all, but i was under the impression coz i dont claim benefits u cant get it? sorry to hijack thread but very unknowledgeable about this grant ! xxx

I think you have to be claiming benefits to be able to get it. I get it as Im on income support now (even though im still waiting for my first payment lol), but! Once your LO is born you might be eligable then. Most people can apply for it once babys born. Well worth popping into the job center to see if you can get it at one point. :)M

does everyone qualify for this grant? i work full time and only have my income to rely on (less than 14k a year) and dont claim any benefitsa at all, but i was under the impression coz i dont claim benefits u cant get it? sorry to hijack thread but very unknowledgeable about this grant ! xxx

Get yourself your tax credits sorted, once they come in then apply for it - thats what we are waiting to do
once baby is here we should be recieving enough tax credits to make us elligable for the grant

so we will already have bought all the damn stuff but it might go towards paying off the bloody creditcards!

someone today told me that you may not get the 500 pound until after the baby is born:wall2:

i think that I am entitled to it because i claim the higher rate of the child tax credit but I wont can claim the grant until sept xx

They are stopping this grant in august though arent they? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back