£500 merternity grant

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by G_I_L_L, Nov 5, 2005.

1. G_I_L_L

G_I_L_L Well-Known Member

hi all
    how do you know if you can get it or not when can you clam it and how. sorry bout all the questions its just im 15 and been told u can olny get it if ur on income support or something like that, but my mum gets income support so do u think she can clam it for me? any help would be greaful tar girls

2. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

hi hun,

I have aplied for this, you can get it if your on either income suport, or a higher rate of child tax credit sue to a disabilty.

My daughter get disablity allownce which makes me child tax credit go up.
    Im sure if your mum gets income suport you would quilfy for it.

If you phone your local socail sucuraty or job center, they will put you through to someone who will send you out all the forms etc.

You have to wait untill your 29 weeks pregnant before you send the forms back tho, if you send them in before then, the claim will be void and thrown out.

I get to send mine back on monday.

good luck, hope that helps
    xx

3. Ragna

Ragna Well-Known Member

Hiya

You can definately get the Surestart maternity grant if your Mum is on Income support or your Mum gets the higher rate of Child Tax credit. You need to ring your local Job centre for the forms and fill in and send back from 29 weeks pregnant up until 3 months after your baby is born.

My Local Job Centre was brilliant. I send the forms back on the Monday and the money was in my bank the following Monday.

Good Luck

Ragna xx

4. jamhamster

jamhamster Well-Known Member