£250 child trust voucher

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondered how long it took everyone to get their voucher & where they invested it?

I had my Child Benefits letter of acceptance about 4 weeks ago......am I right in thinking I didn't have to apply separately for the voucher?

No you don't have to apply for the voucher they wil just send you it :D

I put Keeley's in a nationwide savings account

As i'm gonna to get her an isa for her 1st birthday and start savin in that for her too :)

i got my childtrustfund voucher about 2-3 weeks ago and they just send it automatically and i havent a clue either where to put it

I have had mine come through about 2 weeks ago aswell.had a letter off some guy needing to come round about my pension so gonna ask him.

We only got Brody's yesterday and he's 4 months old tomorrow! :shock:

We haven't a clue what to do with it either!
:think:

We've still not done anything with Sophie's, not sure where to put it into yet!

I got Austin's about a week after the child benefit letter.

I'm probably going to put it in an ISA but I'm not adding anything else to it, I don't want him so suddenly have loads of money as soon as he turns 18 because he'll probably just waste it. He can have the £250 to go on a piss-up or whatever it is he wants to do, but any money I put aside for him is going in a separate account that I can control.

Thanks for the replies guys, I have no idea what to do with Libby's when it arrives. MIL has started a saving account for her for when she's 18 too, so I'm hoping she'll be sensible & use her payouts to buy a car, or spaceship whichever is all the rage in 18 years time :rotfl:

I put Riley in the Britannia building society as a savings account

Riley has a Halifax save 4 it account which has £76.09 that i've been saving and
my mum has an ING account on the net for her with nearly £100 in lol she has more money that me lolzz

Also for poorer families like myself we get another £250 for the account i think?

Yeah when Riley is 7 i think we get another £250... but you have to be on income support at that time i think :think:

Once you have applied for your Child Benefit it should automatically be sent to you. You then have to make an appointment at most banks and they will then talk you through the different uptions. We banked Jakes in Abbey as that is were we have our accounts. We also opened a seperate account for him which he can't touch until we say so as the child trust he can have when he is 18 whether we like it or not.

maybebaby said:
I got Austin's about a week after the child benefit letter.

I'm probably going to put it in an ISA but I'm not adding anything else to it, I don't want him so suddenly have loads of money as soon as he turns 18 because he'll probably just waste it. He can have the £250 to go on a p*ss-up or whatever it is he wants to do, but any money I put aside for him is going in a separate account that I can control.

That's exactly what we're going to do. We have opened a Young saver account for Harrison and are putting £20 aside a month so by the time he's 18-21 he should have around £4000/£5000 which I will keep untill he needs it for either a car/house deposit/college/university

I put mine in a Nationwide account coz my accounts are all there and i can access it in my online accounts :) its easy to transfer money over into her account. Shes on £1120 at the mo! :shock: Chris has a direct debit of £20 a month going into her account.
If your on benefits you are intitled to an EXTRA £250 making it £500! But u have to call and ask them or they wont do it.
I recommend Nationwide Child Trust fund :D

Jayceesmumma said:
I put mine in a Nationwide account coz my accounts are all there and i can access it in my online accounts :) its easy to transfer money over into her account. Shes on £1120 at the mo! :shock: Chris has a direct debit of £20 a month going into her account.
If your on benefits you are intitled to an EXTRA £250 making it £500! But u have to call and ask them or they wont do it.

I got told every child gets another £250 when they turn 7 :think:

Jayceesmumma said:
did u call them? where do u phone?

I cant remember who i called to be honest, i think it was on the voucher or in the leaflets? Maybe your benefit office can tell you.
PP-i dont know about the extra when they are 7.. but i got an extra one after i called and said i was on benefits :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back