Andrews Liver Salts

Peanut

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's ok to take Andrews Liver Salts (or similar) during pg?

I just got some and as per bl**dy usual it says "consult your doctor before taking if you are pg"....typical :roll: Any ideas? I trust you lot more than the docs sometimes. And you're quicker!

Pea xx

Im not entirly sure but i dont think so??

Rennies are safe to take though, if your after a heartburn cure?

INGREDIENTS:

Andrews liver salts contain sodium bicarbonate, which is an antacid found in many stomach medicines. It is safe and effective and works by neutralising stomach acid. In the process, it releases carbon dioxide which is why you burp after taking it.

Andrews also contains citric acid, which is a natural, odourless and colourless crystalline substance which gives Andrews a pleasant, refreshing taste, not unlike weak lemonade. In fact, citric acid is also used in the production of lemonade, jams and some types of sweets.

Another ingredient is magnesium sulphate, which you may know better as Epsom Salts and which has a mild laxative effect.

And finally, Andrews liver salts contain sucrose Ph.Eur…in other words, just plain old sugar.

Don't know if its ok, it doesn't say 'not for use during pregnancy', but not sure about the epsom salts tbh?

thanks people, I'm not taking for now until I can ask nhs direct or my doc. tbh the trapped wind has eased off a bit now. It was so bad this week I couldn't sit up in bed :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back